Blog Journal 7

While using Twitter this semester, I have learned that social media can be used to connect the classroom to the world. Some benefits of using Twitter are the connection available between teacher and students, teacher and parents, and students and the world. Twitter has many useful applications such as polling or being able to retweet to share interesting articles. The only issues that I have personally found are remember to tweet twice a week. I use Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest but have never gotten into Twitter. If I was an avid Twitter user then this would not be an issue. 

I have learned some new skills from working on the Web Page Design like patience. The websites to create your own websites tend to be finicky so it can be hard and intense to get each picture, text box, and title to show up exactly where you want them to be. If I was to ever use this in my classroom, I would look at every site creator website and try each one to find what is easiest. I started by using Weebly but found it very difficult to deal with so I decided to switch to Wix which was easier. Wix was easier to use but it was still difficult at times. From this assignment, I learned to get the best product you must be patient. My website is at https://pielikesyou2.wixsite.com/mskearley 



I have learned new skills from working with Diigo such as . Diigo would be a useful application in the classroom to annotate during the lecture, with research or to have students ask questions during the lecture. Diigo would be best used in middle, high school and university level classes but could be used for elementary aged students. As a professional, Diigo could be used to present new ideas to coworkers such as finding an article to bring up to the administration of the school. Being able to annotate and send the article can help to express your intention and ideas instead of them being misinterpreted. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class 1

Blog Post 1

Blog Journal 9