Blog Journal 6
I looked at Lincoln High School's website (https://www.leonschools.net/lincoln) which teaches grades 9-12. Many of the teachers had Edmodo websites that require a log in but one teacher website that is public is Mrs. Sapp (https://sites.google.com/site/mrssappswebsite/home), who is a math teacher, specifically statistics and algebra 1. She has a welcome paragraph with simple directions on how to use her website with the calendar on the home page. Currently, she is only teaching statistics so there are only pages for statistics class materials. Mrs. Sapp has all of her class material public so students can access it easier and parents can view what is being taught in class.
I envision myself as a teacher using technology to accomplish my professional responsibilities more efficiently and effectively by helping to connect my classroom to the rest of the world. As a teacher, I will use social media as a way to connect with the parents to create a more collaborative classroom. I will use blogs and social media to provide my students with a place to be creative and show them how to act as a digital citizen. I also plan on using newer technologies such as 3-D printing and Virtual Reality headsets to give my students a more interactive learning experience.
The Clear Touch Interactive Display would be really cool to have in a classroom for group activities when the class is split up, allowing the teacher to focus on a small group of students. The display allows ten finger at once so it is easy for groups to work together to achieve the goal. The software on it had many useful applications for a wide range of subjects making it especially good for elementary school classrooms where a single teacher teaches many subjects. The apps are relatively simple to use, combining creativity with a structured lesson preventing students from disrupting the teacher whom is busy working with other students.

Comments
Post a Comment