Blog Post 2

As a student I have used MS Word to write papers, create ToDo lists or even just to rant to myself about life. Since middle school, most of my writing assignments have been written on Word, then turned in online. Many of my teachers have used Word to create assignments and rubrics or to put directions on the projector or SmartBoard. MS Word has been implemented into all parts of life for simple tasks and for school work. It has replaced typewriters and writing by hand for assignments.

Copyright issues arise in the education system in the form of using materials that are not public domain. I have very little experience with copyright issues, other than reading materials being usable once the author has been dead long enough. As a teacher I will use materials that will not infringe copyright laws and make sure to plan projects that will create a problem with my schools' acceptable use policy. I will also remind my students before every assignment or project about cheating and trying to take credit for another's work.

There are many issues when it comes to implementing technology into classrooms such as acceptable use policies, cyberbullying, and academic honesty. In my classroom I would solve the issue of acceptable use policy by knowing my school's policies and creating assignments around such rules so all work can be done on school property. To solve the issue of possible cyberbullying I would make sure to monitor my students' computer use while on school computers and looking out for any warning signs. As a teacher and a student, academic honesty is a very important issue and skill that requires teaching. I would create a lesson about academic honesty and how to use citations but I will use websites such as TurnItIn to check if my students have plagiarized.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Class 1

Blog Post 1

Blog Journal 9