Blog Journal 4

I have had a positive experience on Twitter so far during this class. I am following many education governmental agencies and teacher resources along with my fellow classmates. I have been interacting with news articles from various education sections of news outlets. This has been beneficial to see what is the newest education news and what research is being done. The knowledge of these two can help me to create a better classroom and teaching environment. I am able implement new research findings and be better aware of situations inside or outside of the classroom. Twitter can be helpful in my future career to create a private twitter to showcase my students' work to their parents or to create an online discussion. It also can be useful to gain more information and to pass that information onto my future students.

The digital divide can hugely affect student success in schools by limiting a students' ability to learn in our modern society. Students without the availability to technology can be put at a major disadvantage especially when many requirements involve online aspects such as the required online class for Florida high schoolers. Teachers use websites such as Turnitin to check for piracy or require certain videos to be watched for class but some students are unable to use computers at home so the only time they have to do such assignments are during the school day. As a teacher I will always keep in mind that some of my students will be unable to do online work off campus. One of my teachers always added the question "Do you have availability to internet while at home?" to their first day of class survey. I think this was an important piece of information to know about certain students so you are able as a teacher to help them with their work when needed.

I believe that everyone learns differently so I think using multiple softwares to provide every student with the material in a way they will understand. I will most likely use simulation, educational game, and problem-solving software to help to teach a hands on experience. I will probably not use database software because my grade level will not need to research intense subjects. I will also probably not use concept mapping software because if I choose to use concept maps I will use paper and pencil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 1

Blog Journal 9