Blog Journal 3
I feel like I am most prepared to teach with the RL.7 "Multimedia:" Literature, RI.7 "Multimedia:" Informational Text, RHST.7 "Multimedia:" History/Social Studies, and RST.7 "Multimedia:" Science/Technical Subjects standards. I am also prepared to teach with the RI.5 "Text Structure:" Informational Text, W/WHST.8 "Use Multiple Sources" standards. I feel like I am better at the consuming technology than the producing technology standards. I am not as comfortable teaching with the W/WHST.2 "Write to explain/inform," SL.5 "Use Digital Media," and W/WHST.6 "Use Technology" standards.
I would use wiki software to provide a public space for my class to share ideas, projects, and class information. I also plan on creating a blog for my class for the parents to follow the class. My class blog would include homework, class schedule, pictures and other fun stuff that could calm the helicopter parents. I will teach my class about digital citizenship by highlighting how to protect their information and how not to cyberbully. I think these are the most important concepts of digital citizenship because these are the concepts that will affect their future the most. My age range of my students will be 5-10 years old so they will have technology but not social media accounts. Understanding how your internet use with influence your future is the most important less they can learn at this age.
The skills I learned from creating the newsletter are using the column feature and creating a decorated header. I had never used the column feature before so that was my biggest challenge I had while creating the newsletter. I had to google many of the features to figure out how to make it exactly how I wanted it. I got frustrated but I was able to figure out the glitches so I would not say that I didn't like anything about creating the project. The next time I create something in Word, I will have this knowledge such as how to use the columns and how to use the header/footer to the best of its ability.
I would use wiki software to provide a public space for my class to share ideas, projects, and class information. I also plan on creating a blog for my class for the parents to follow the class. My class blog would include homework, class schedule, pictures and other fun stuff that could calm the helicopter parents. I will teach my class about digital citizenship by highlighting how to protect their information and how not to cyberbully. I think these are the most important concepts of digital citizenship because these are the concepts that will affect their future the most. My age range of my students will be 5-10 years old so they will have technology but not social media accounts. Understanding how your internet use with influence your future is the most important less they can learn at this age.
The skills I learned from creating the newsletter are using the column feature and creating a decorated header. I had never used the column feature before so that was my biggest challenge I had while creating the newsletter. I had to google many of the features to figure out how to make it exactly how I wanted it. I got frustrated but I was able to figure out the glitches so I would not say that I didn't like anything about creating the project. The next time I create something in Word, I will have this knowledge such as how to use the columns and how to use the header/footer to the best of its ability.
Comments
Post a Comment